"As friends of God through Jesus, empowered by the Holy Spirit,
we are connecting people to Christ by sharing His love
in word and action everywhere we are".
St. Paul Lutheran is an LCMS church.
Thanks for visiting St. Paul Lutheran Church. We’re excited to tell you about our church. But first, we want to share the Gospel. Because the Gospel is the most important thing, and that’s the reason we exist: to share that message. If you don’t decide to come visit our church, we still want to give you the Gospel, your faith is more important to us than numbers.
Scroll down to read the Gospel…and why we exist.
CREATION & THE FALL
Nothing in existence came into being by itself. God the Father is the creator and sustainer of everything, He is the Almighty Maker of heaven and earth. He created everything perfect, but man ruined His perfect creation. As a result, man lost the perfect visitation of God on earth. But God was not about to let man suffer without Him forever: He promised to send a redeemer for man’s sin.
Only a perfect man could reverse the fall. Only an almighty God could redeem an entire world of people from their sin. Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, is our Savior from sin and Savior from our separation from God. He redeemed us by paying the punishment for our sins and God the Father declares that we are justified. Jesus traded our sins and gave us His righteousness. He traded our death and gave us life.
The salvation Jesus won in His death on the cross is brought to us by the Holy Ghost through the Word and Sacraments. Because we are redeemed, does that mean we should continue in sin? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? Through Baptism and the Word of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit, we were buried with Christ into death, just as Christ was raised from the dead, we rise to new life and should walk daily in our new life.
We go to church to thank God for all He has done for us, but more importantly, we gather as a group to continue to receive together the gifts of forgiveness, strength, hope, and salvation which God has promised to His entire church on earth.
Core Values of St. Paul Lutheran Church
1. Faithful to God's Word (Psalm 119; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 John 2; 3 John 3)
2. Committed to Prayer (James 5:13-16; Psalm 50:15; 1 Chronicles 16:11; Matthew 7:7)
3. Integrity (Psalm 26:2-3; Proverbs 10:9; 11:3; Mark 12:14; Titus 2:7)
4. Caring/Family Focus (Acts 10:2; 1 Timothy 3:5; Ephesians 5:21-33; 6:1-4)
5. Contagious passion (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:1-41; 2 Corinthians 11:16-29)
6. Progressive (Psalm 33:3; 40:3; 1 Corinthians 9:19-23; Acts 17:22-34)
- Diverse worship services
- Seeking God's Will through prayer
- Church Family (welcoming, friendliness, involvement)
- Children (St. Paul Pre-school) & youth program opportunities
- Bible Focus
- Mission Outreach
- Care Ministry
- Opportunities to Serve Others
- New Member Instruction (AIM)
- Small Groups
- Quality Staff & Committed Lay Leadership
- Stewardship ($$ and time/talent)
- Unity within congregation (harmony & respect, "Can do attitude")