But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
1 Samuel 12:24
Servant Volunteer Opportunities
MAKE THIS MATCH THE MINISTRY BOOKLET
Adornment Team - Helping hands to decorate the church for holidays and special events. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Alter Guild - Serve in God's house, as scheduled, to prepare the altar and elements for communion services. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Coffee Servers - Prepare and serve coffee for after the Sunday 8:00 am service and 9:15 am services from September to May. Clean up the kitchenette area when finished. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Greeters/Hosts - Hosts are on hand to meet and greet those entering our facility on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings. Be paired up with another church member, your spouse or invite your family. Bring a smile and a handshake. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Projection Team - Using the computer in the sound booth area, project worship services on the screens. Computer experience needed, training will be provided. Contact Vicky Bramstedt to volunteer.
Sound Board Team - Man the sound booth panel during worship services and any special events. Training will be provided. Contact Vicky Bramstedt to volunteer.
Usher Team - You are assigned to an usher team to serve on a rotating basis at a service you usually attend. Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Children's Ministry Teams
Contact Jeff Diener if you are interested in volunteering.
AWANA - The Lord has truly blessed AWANA during its existence at St. Paul's. With an average of over 90 clubbers and 40 staff, it's been exciting to see God at work. As the program continues to grow…so do the opportunities and need for more volunteers. If you'd like to help with AWANA at anytime…look at the opportunities below. All roles are important and needed (In parenthesis you will see the minimum number of people needed to help this ministry be successful).
- Photographer—someone to take pictures of small group, large group and game time as well as theme nights. (1)
- Newsletter Editor—a hopeful new addition to the 2012-2013 year is a monthly newsletter highlighting such things as best dressed up participants, clubbers/leader profiles, and other highlights from AWANA. (1-2)
- Skit Team/Leader- We’re looking for some individuals willing to work together to present occasional skits during the large group message time. Perhaps practice during the first hour and present during the last ½ hour. (1)
- Small Group Leaders- A time to work with 5-7 students, pray, talk, support, build relationship and listen to memory work. You also guide the kids at game time. Minimal planning time involved. (15-18)
- Small Group Assistant- Someone to assist small group leaders. Help listen to memory work, record keep, build relationships with the kids. You also sit by the kids during game time. (15-18)
- Games Leader- Someone who can assist our games leader— Games are provided—your job is to help get equipment out…and help encourage the rules. (1-2)
- Scorekeepers/Games Assistant- Individuals are needed to help keep score and/or to help get the appropriate equipment out for games. (2)
- Secretary Assistants- Be willing to arrive 15 minutes early to check kids in and/or be willing to welcome new people/help explain the program (2—or a rotation of 3)
- Wednesday Morning/Afternoon Set-up—Each week this volunteer would have consistent set-up responsibilities like binders, pew signs, maybe some photo copying and more. (1-2)
- Point Keeper—Someone who likes numbers and is willing to add up kids record sheets and/or record them in a data base. This can be done on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. (1)
- AWANA store director—About 4 times a year, set-up/take down AWANA store and being present to help redeem gifts (sound complicated…it’s easy once your trained!) (1-2)AWANA
Sunday School - Serve as a Sunday School leader.
Vacation Bible School - Guide children in a week of spiritual development through stories, crafts, games, skits, music and snacks. VBS is held each summer. Various volunteer opportunities are available depending on your gifts.
Youth Ministry Teams
Contact Nicole Dollevoet if you are interested in volunteering.
Youth Ministry Volunteers -
- Hangin' with the Truth Bible Study Leaders- become a part of a rotating schedule that leads youth in a 30 minute Bible Study on Sunday evenings. Contact Nicole Dollevoet if interested.
- Hangin' with the Truth Food Prep- help feed 30-40 people on a weekly basis. Sign up to become a part of a rotating schedule preparing food once a month for this active hungry group of people.
Middle School Confirmation Mentors - Mentors teach a group of 5-10 middle school confirmation students for 3 years. Mentors are people who love God, love kids and desire to set a warm and accepting atmosphere for students during these growing years.
Middle School FISH helpers - These people help coordinate monthly time set aside for our 6-8th graders.
Mission Trip Participant- People of any age are welcome to participate in mission trips and special service projects in the area.
Care Ministry Teams
Contact Pastor Mark if you are interested in volunteering.
BeFriender Ministry - BeFriender Ministry provides a listening presence to those people who may feel overwhelmed by life's challenges.
Mission Relief Group - Lend your helping hands to clean, clear out and repair homes in which individuals are unable to live.
Prison Ministry - Join the Alithiea (non-denominational) ministry at Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution on Tuesdays from 6:30 - 8:30 pm year round. Volunteers must be over the age of 18 and training is required.
DVD Ministry - DVDs are made of the sermons and then copied and distributed to those unable to attend worship services.
The Gathering Place - The Gathering Place provides a day of engaging and participatory activates for adults with memory loss. Volunteers will be trained by the Alzheimer's Association and Activity Professionals to provide a dignified and respectful atmosphere for the participants.
Visitation Team - The Visitation Team visits those in nursing homes and shut-ins to share Christian Fellowship and prayers to those unable to attend worship services.
Prayer Ministry Teams
Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Prayer Chain Partner - Join prayer warriors who are dedicated to interceding for you in prayer. You may receive the prayer requests via email or our automated telephone prayer chain.
Facility Ministry Teams
Contact Stefanie Trakel if you are interested in volunteering.
Grounds Care - Provide assistance for work days planned throughout the year and care for the landscaping at church. Work days are scheduled as needed.
Administrative Ministry Teams
Contact the Church Office if you are interested in volunteering.
Church Library - The Church Library brings Christ to all members through the written and spoken word. Volunteers check books out and in, return them to the shelves and keep the library in order.
Mission Partner SCRIP - Stop before you shop! Purchase SCRIP cards for gifts or shopping and the retailers give a percentage to missions. It costs you nothing to support missions. To be on the SCRIP Team and sell SCRIP before and after the services, contact the Church Office.
Office Helper: Bulletin Printing - Run the copying equipment in the office to make copies of the bulletin covers, order of worship, News & Notes, inserts and other weekly publications.
Office Helper: Bulletin Stuffing - Collate the bulletins and News & Notes for the weekend worship services.
Office Helper: Newsletter Distribution - Label the newsletters, organize them for pickup and prepare them for postal delivery.